70 years ago in 1946 Greenpark Podiatry, known as just Chiropody in those days was opened to business by a Miss Pugsley. Although there are no photos of the interior of the practice, here’s a photograph of Green Park terrace during the 1940’s. It’s lovely to see the road free of cars!
Back then technology was limited and there wouldn’t have been the debriding drills for rapid removal of hard skin and thick nails. Clinical gloves and advanced methods of sterilisation were not available until much later. How things have changed! So back in 1946…what shoe styles were we wearing? Remember it was just post world war II, so a colourful pair of cheerful sandals would cut a dash on the streets of Bath.